Disability.gov’s Benefits section provides a broad range of resources about Social Security disability benefits and assistance programs and services for people with disabilities, seniors and their families. In addition, we have developed this guide to connect you to programs, services, and government agencies that provide disability benefits for people with disabilities, including children and Veterans.
Here are a few “quick links” to get you started:
- Frequently Asked Questions about Social Security Disability Benefits
- What You Should Know Before You Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits
- Social Security’s Disability Planner
- Frequently Requested Information about Social Security
- Top Social Security Questions from AARP
- Filing an Online Appeal of a Decision on Your Claim for Benefits
- Benefit.gov’s Benefit Finder
For more information about disability benefits, check out the following sections of “Disability.gov’s Guide to Disability Benefits”:
- Am I Eligible for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- What’s the Difference between Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) & Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- What Do I Need to Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits?
- How Do I Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits for My Child?
- Where Do I Apply for Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors?
- How Do I Apply for Temporary Disability Benefits?
- How Can I Check the Status of My Disability Benefits Application?
- What Do I Do if My Claim Is Denied?
- Are There Any Programs That Help People Receiving Disability Benefits Return to Work?
- How Does Work Affect My Social Security Disability Benefits?
- How Do I Report Fraud or Misuse of Social Security Benefits or Social Security Numbers?
For more information about the Social Security Administration (SSA) and how to apply for benefits, speak to a representative by calling at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778). Remember, SSA also offers many online services.